UPCOMING UNIFORM/PRIMARY ELECTIONS
The City of Garland will hold a General Election for the Office of the Mayor and Districts 1, 3, 6, 7, and 8 on May 1, 2021. The filing period for the May 1, 2021 General Election will be Jan 13, 2021 – Feb 12, 2021.
See Texas Election Code (TEC) Section 141.001, and the City of Garland Charter.
- Be a United States citizen (TEC)
- Be a qualified voter (City of Garland Charter)
- Not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment of a court (TEC)
- Not been finally convicted of a felony from which not pardoned (TEC)
- Resided continuously in state for 12 months and City and District for 12 full months before the first allowed filing date for the election (TEC and City of Garland Charter)
The following documents are required to file for a place on the ballot:
- Application for place on ballot
- Petition(s) with correct number of valid signatures
- Every person desiring to file for elective office with the city shall first present to the City Secretary a sufficient petition signed by a minimum of the greater of the following:
- 25 persons or
- a number of persons equal to one-half of one percent of the total vote received by all candidates for Mayor in the most recent mayoral general election who are qualified voters in the City.
- Campaign Treasurer Appointment
- Disclosure Form (required by the City’s Ethics Ordinance)
For more information call 972-205-2404 or email the City Secretary's Office.
November 2, 2021 - Texas Constitutional Election
Garland City Council District 2
Deborah Morris 57.10% - 3,839
Koni Ramos-Kaiwi 42.90% - 2,884
Garland City Council District 4
B.J. Williams 61.96% - 5,052
Jim Bookhout 38.04% - 3,102
Garland City Council District 5
Rich Aubin 100% - 5,699
City of Garland Proposition A (Library Location)
For 79.07% - 60,608
Against 20.93% - 16,212
Visit DallasCountyVotes.org for additional county-wide updates. City of Garland results will be updated when final results are available.