May Adoption Special
It's Cinco de Meow on Wednesdays at Garland Animal Services. Adoption fee for kittens and cats are at a Loco price of $5! Adoption fee includes spay or neuter, rabies vaccination, and city registration. Come find your purrfect cat at Garland Animal Services!
Garland Animal Services handles the registration of all animals living in Garland. City ordinance requires that all cats and dogs three months of age and older be registered annually. Proof of current rabies vaccination is required. The fee is $5.00 per year for sterilized animals (and animals under six months of age), $15 per year for unsterilized animals. Three year registrations are available for animals that have been administered a three year rabies vaccination. The three year registration is $15 for sterilized animals and $45 for unsterilized animals. Animals under 6 months of age do not qualify for a three year registration.
To obtain a registration tag, go to the Abe J. Tuggle Animal Shelter and Adoption Center at 600 Tower Street, or mail the animal’s current rabies certificate from a veterinarian, a check or money order for the proper fee, and a self-addressed stamped envelope to Garland Animal Services, P.O. Box 469002, Garland, TX 75046-9002.
Animal Shelter & Adoption Center Hours
Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 9 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday 7:30 a.m. - 9 p.m.
To reach dispatch call (972) 205-3570, press 2 then 1.
Animal Service Officers are available for emergencies ONLY between 9 p.m and 7 a.m.
Examples of After Hour Emergencies
- All situations relating to animal bites.
- Loose livestock calls.
- Calls regarding animals exhibiting symptoms of rabies.
- Sick or injured animals.
- Calls concerning animals "dead in the roadway" shall only be handled after hours only if they constitute a traffic hazard.
- Calls reporting exotic and potentially dangerous animals running at large.
- Calls involving wild or dangerous animals that present an imminent threat to public health or safety.
Shelter Staff Hours
Monday - Friday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 2 p.m.
To reach shelter staff please call (972) 205-3570, press 2 then 4. If you are forwarded to our voicemail
during regular business hours it most likely means we are very busy. Please leave a clear detailed message
with your name, phone number and the reason for your call. Our voicemail is checked frequently during
normal business hours and calls will be returned as soon as possible.
- Questions about lost or found animals
- Questions on impoundment or quarantine
- Questions about live animal traps
- Questions about surgery or appointment times
Voicemail for Officers
(972) 205-3570, Press 2 then 5
2013 Holiday Schedule
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day - Monday, January 21, 2013
- Memorial Day - Monday, May 27, 2013
- Independence Day - Thursday, July 4, 2013
- Labor Day - Monday, September 2, 2013
- Thanksgiving - Thursday and Friday, November 28 & 29, 2013
- Christmas - Tuesday and Wednesday, December 24 & 25, 2013
If you have questions or concerns regarding animal services contact us, for all other information on cities ordinances view City Charter and Code Of Ordinances.